Soccer Sisters is a weekly program aiming to provide young females playing football a safe learning environment where they are able to develop basic, fundamental skills. Soccer Sisters is a female only program aimed at girls between the ages of 7-14 and designed to make football fun and enjoyable for girls of social, school and club level so they can grow at their own pace with supportive and friendly coaching staff.
- Allow our girls to fall in love with Football
- Assist the individual development of a player where the outcome is to acquire basic skills such as dribbling, passing, tackling and shooting
- Provide training sessions in Soccer Sisters where the player development outcome is basic competency and as many touches on the ball as possible
- To teach our next generation the rules and basic understanding of the game
- To provide our players a safe learning environment with coaches that care about girl’s development and the female game
- Can be used as a Talent ID program for those that are excelling and presents an opportunity to come into more competitive player pathways such as Otago Representative Team, NAGT, FTC, NTC and even New Zealand Representative sides.
- Presents an opportunity of creating a “Girls Only League” in the future
What is it?
- A program tailored specifically to our next generation of female players to ensure they have a passion for football
- The option of meeting once a week in an environment where players get lots of touches on the ball
- A place where girls feel safe and that they are valued
- Game-type situations to prepare them for their club environments
Who is it for?
- All junior and youth girls that want to grow a love for football as well as gain basic skills to help develop confidence during games and match situations.
- Girls who want to get together with other like-minded individuals and have fun playing football!
Venue: Tahuna Park
Sessions: 7-8 Year Olds – 4:00pm-4:45pm
9-12 Year Olds – 4:00pm-5:00pm
Cost: 7-8 Year Olds – $40 for 6 sessions
9-12 Year Olds – $50 for 6 sessions
Dates: August 18th & 25th, September 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd
Weather permitting – we will contact if there are changes