Become a Referee
Refereeing is a great way to continue your enjoyment of the game after or even during your playing career. If you are passionate about football then refereeing offers a different challenge and gives you the best seat in the house. It’s also a great way to keep fit, utilise and develop your people skills and pursue a footballing path that allows for an individual training schedule.
You can maintain your current links within the game, forge new friendships and give back to the game in a direct and meaningful way. Refereeing can also open up travel opportunities both within New Zealand and to the rest of the world.
People Referee for a wide range of reasons, from wanting to help their kids game on a Saturday morning, to wanting to Referee at a FIFA World Cup.
Football South offers two entry level courses for aspiring referees. You do not have to complete the Club Based Referee Course to enroll in the Level 1 course.
- Community – Clubs Level
- Community Based Referee (CBR) – Introductory Course
- Duration: 4 hours
- Aimed at: Parents, Coaches, teachers, students and players
- Covers basic understanding laws of the game
- Development – Federation Level
- Level 1 Referee
- Duration: 8 hours
- Aimed at: people wanting to become Official Referees
- Covers laws of the game, Referee movement and positioning, acting as an Assistant Referee & Player Management
OK, I am still interested, where do I find information on courses?
Have a look at the section on the web site on Referee Courses, or contact the Referee Development Officer and arrange a course tailored to fit in around your commitments.
Contact our Referee Development Manager Jeff Clamp on – Call or text 021 242 4067 or email email@example.com